How to Repair Windows 10 Registry (3 Easy Methods)
Brief: This is a quick tutorial that shows you How to Repair Windows 10 registry issues within a few minutes with 3 simple & easy steps.
Have you recently Messed up with your Windows Registry? Are you doing a google search for how to repair windows 10 registry, how to fix corrupted registry in windows 10, fix registry errors in windows 10 or other search terms? If yes, then this is the tutorial you need.
In this tutorial, I’ll help you to solve all these queries:
- How to Repair Windows 10 Registry
- How to Fix Corrupted Registry in Windows 10
- How to Repair Registry in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Registry Repair
Now, you might end up with a bricked Windows system. If you have unintentionally corrupted your Windows 10 registry then you need to fix it as soon as possible as you might just end up in losing your data.
Anyway, we will discuss more this issue during the lines below, so don’t worry and check the following guidelines to fix the corrupted registry in Windows 10.
Do you know that even simple Registry damage can lead to a chain reaction within your Windows OS, damaging your data beyond recovery? So, it’s essential for you to repair the corrupt registry as soon as you can (with proper guidelines)
So, what causes damaged Registry in Windows 10?
Usually, you can get a corrupt registry error after making changes within the Registry Editor. That’s why it is more than recommended to backup your registry before changing anything as there you have all the internal settings of your Windows 10 system.
Sometimes, even the slightest change in Registry can cause major issues. Sometimes, even harmful softwares can cause a corrupted registry in Windows 10.
Here’s what a corrupted registry in Windows 10 can reflect on your system:
- You will not be able to boot your system. You may get a blue screen error during startup and the boot remains restricted to the blue screen.
- (Rare case) If you are able to boot the system (the damage may be nominal) but while operating your PC, you can suddenly get a blue screen error. All your unsaved & important data will be gone. Although in this type of error, you will be able to access your PC for a while, the chances of damaging your PC’s Registry further is even more.
So the conclusion is, a problem on the registry means a problem on your Operating System, thus you can end up having difficulties in using your device.
In most cases, when the registry gets corrupted, the Windows OS must be reinstalled which means that you are losing all of your data, as discussed above.
Anyway, by using the below provided easy guide you can try to fix corrupt registry errors in Windows 10 without reinstalling Windows from scratch.
So, try the guidelines from this tutorial and see if you can repair your device manually without losing your data & without needing a technician.
How To Repair Windows 10 Registry?
Although It’s possible to repair a corrupted registry in Windows 10, the approach to fix this critical issue will more or less remain the same, whether you are able to boot into Windows 10 or not.
We are going to try a variety of things to fix your corrupted Registry up.
In this, we’ll cover restoring your Registry to a previous point, scanning and fixing your Registry, repairing Windows 10, and a couple of other possible things.
Beginning with the most trusted method by users to fix the registry, we are going to cover other methods as well.
For most, it works. If the first one doesn’t work for you & you end up feeling unlucky, then my friend, we have more solutions, move on to the next method till your issue is solved.
Method 1: Repair Windows 10 to Easily Repair Corrupted Registry
#1 Solution on How to Repair Windows 10 Registry.
One of the most preferable ways to fix a corrupted registry in Windows 10 is through Windows RE mode i.e Recovery Environment mode. You can easily enter Windows RE mode without booting Windows normally, and then carry out the auto repair. In order to repair Windows 10, follow these steps:
- The first step is booting the computer in Windows Recovery Environment. Start your PC, & when you see the error or the login screen, just hold down the PC’s Power button as long as the PC turns off. This may require you to hold the Power button for around 5-10 seconds. Once the PC powers off, repeat the process of force shutting down PC a few more times till your PC shows Preparing Automatic Repair screen. You will have to wait until the PC runs the diagnostics and enters Windows RE mode.
- Once the diagnostics are run completely, you will see some options. Click on the Advanced Options. In the next screen that appears, you will get three options; click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, from the next screen, click on the Advanced Options. Next, you will find 6 different options to choose from. You will have to click on the Startup Repair option.
Following the above steps will bring up the repair screen where Windows will first run a diagnosis, then fix the detected problems for you.
The tool will show that your error was fixed if that was the case. In case an issue is found and Windows RE is unable to solve it, then you will be informed about the same.
Once the Windows RE tool says that error was fixed, start your PC normally. In case if it wasn’t able to, try out the next method where you will be cleaning & resetting your registry.
Method 2: Use Registry Cleaner Tools
#2 Solution on How to Repair Windows 10 Registry.
There are many dedicated tools (softwares) that you can use to fix missing or corrupted registry keys. Some of the free tools are Regsofts Registry Repair Tool, CCleaner, Advanced System care, & many more. Out of which we’ll use the Regsofts Registry Repair tool.
- First Download & Install Regsofts Registry Repair tool on your Windows
- Run the software & start your first scan to scan registry errors (Will take 2-5 minutes)
- Once the scanning is finished, click on Fix Errors to Fix all Windows Registry Errors.
- This tool will fix your registry errors, once done, Reboot your Device & Recheck for any other errors (you’ll find none)
Here’s a video tutorial that exactly shows you how to repair Windows 10 Registry using Regsofts Registry Repair Tool. (Suggested: Watch the tutorial in 1.5x Speed)
Method 3: Reset Windows 10 (without losing personal data)
#3 & the Final Solution on How to Repair Windows 10 Registry
If the above 2 methods didn’t work for you, then here’s a very simple solution to go with in order to fix Corrupt Registry in Windows 10.
Here you will completely Reset your Windows 10, and by doing so, Windows will be reset like it was new without any Registry error, with any settings & also without any apps.
Although it is a great solution to fix the corrupted Registry problem, most people do not want to try this out. When Windows 10 is reset, all the Windows settings will be reverted, and all the programs installed on your PC will be deleted.
However, you can always make sure that your personal files will not be deleted. So, if you are okay to lose your installed programs, you can go with this method. Before using this method, make sure you take note of the important programs which you’ll need to install after your Windows reset.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open Start Menu & click on the Settings icon then go to Update & Security option
- Now, from the left navigation panel, select the Recovery option.
- Here, under the Reset this PC, click on the button “Get started” & then choose the first option i.e Keep my files (if you don’t want to lose your data)
Other Method to Reset your Windows:
- From Method #1, follow the first two steps to Open Troubleshoot Menu in Windows 10 Recovery Environment.
- From the Troubleshoot menu, select the Reset this PC option.
- Now, from the next screen, select the Keep my files. (Don’t select Remove everything option, it will erase all your data)
- Now, the Reset Wizard’s instructions will guide you for a Windows 10 reset.
This process may take several minutes, so let the Windows 10 reset run. It may take more than 5 minutes, so be patient. Once the reset is complete, log in to your PC and check whether the corrupted Registry error shows up or not. Here’s a video tutorial that shows you the exact steps provided above.
Registry of your Windows is a very important and sensitive part as it contains all Windows important information & system settings. It needs to be taken care of delicately.
On the Internet, you can find some methods to tweak the Registry manually, we recommend to not follow it unless you make sure it is a legitimate process.
Also, if you have the slightest doubt about what you are doing, do not proceed further, and if you want to tweak it, then make sure to take a backup of your windows registry editor or else create a system restore point.
In case, you can also contact your PC manufacturer’s customer care or a trustworthy technician to get Windows 10 Corrupted Registry fixed for you.
Now, hopefully, you won’t need to search google How to Repair Windows 10 Registry, as our 3 methods work best in most cases, so you can completely trust all the 3 methods listed above and can try to resolve the errors by yourself.
- How to Fix Google Chrome not Working
- How to Enable Remote Assistance on Windows 10
- How to Send Remote Assistance Invitation
- How to Install Linux on Windows 10
- How to Enable and Install Hyper-V on Windows 10
- How to Install Windows 10 in Vmware workstation