Google Chrome is undoubtedly the most popular & also, the most used web browser in the world. I know you are using google chrome on your Windows 10 and you might be facing some errors & you might be searching google for:
- google chrome not working on windows 10
- google chrome not working on windows 10 after update
- google chrome not working on windows 10 aw snap
and so on, you need an immediate solution for that. Right?
No worries, you are not the only one who is facing this google chrome not working windows 10 error, look at this data that I found on google trends.
That’s the reason I decided to create this tutorial and help you to fix your google chrome not working on Windows 10 pc.
If Google Chrome is set as your default browser then you would also be familiar with the following errors:
“Class not Registered,” “Chrome not Opening,” “Google Chrome not working,” or “Google Chrome isn’t responding after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update”, etc, these are some of the frequently occurring Chrome related errors.
After the Windows 10 update or the Windows 10 Creators Update, it is possible that your Google Chrome crashes and doesn’t work. Let’s Fix it Now!
Here are my Top 3 Methods by which you can get your google chrome to run like before and surf your favorite websites including mine i.e TechStudio.com 🙂
Method 1: Fix Google Chrome Not Working on Windows 10 Problem in “Windows Safe Mode”
Reboot your Windows in Safe Mode & Clear Cache & Cookies
In this method, you need to follow 2 steps:
Step 1: Enter the “Safe Mode” in Windows 10
- Click on Start. Then click on the Power icon.
- Now press the Shift key and simultaneously click on the Restart option.
- Follow the given route- Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup settings.
- Now click on the Restart link and then press the F5 key. This will enable Safe Mode with Networking.
- Then you can log in to the desktop of Windows 10 in the Safe Mode. Now, go to Step 2.
Step 2: Clear Cache & Cookies on Windows 10
- Now launch Google Chrome on your system.
- Before doing this, make sure you back up all your important bookmarks and accounts. Then press the Shift+ Ctrl+ Del key together. Bang!
- A new window will popup, here you need to clear the cache and cookies and the browsing history of your Chrome. Refer to the image provided below.
Step 3: Disable Hardware Acceleration
- In the Chrome Settings page, click the menu icon on the top left side.
- Expand the Advanced entry.
- Select the System option.
- Toggle the switch of the Use hardware acceleration when available to Off. (Refer to the image provided below)
- Click the RELAUNCH when Chrome asks you to restart the browser.
After applying all these settings, you can boot into the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update/Creators Update/Anniversary Update to the Normal Mode.
Now you may find your Google Chrome is available again & working flawless, if not, then follow method no.2.
Method 2: Modify the Chrome Browser Properties to easily fix Google Chrome not working on Windows 10
Making google chrome compatible
If the first method were of no use to resolve Google Chrome not working on your system, then try to modify some of its settings.
This method is appropriate for users who have to open Chrome with Windows Security Shield mark. So follow the steps given below to open the .exe or shortcut file of the browser to run it as an Administrator.
Step 1: Right-click on the Google Chrome icon and click on Properties.
Step 2: Now, select the compatibility tab and click on Change Settings for all users option.
Step 3: Next in the compatibility mode, uncheck the box against the Run this program in Compatibility mode.
Step 4: Also under the Settings, make sure to check the Run this program as an Administrator option.
Step 5: Apply all the changes made by clicking on Apply. Then click OK.
Step 6: Lastly close the Google Chrome Properties window by click on the Ok tab.
Once more, Open the browser to check on the problem. Still stuck on the issue, I have one more method that you can try.
Method 3: Troubleshoot the Error by Adding Reliable Multicast Protocol
If the above method doesn’t help you to access the Google Chrome browser, check the network configurations of your system.
Step 1: Launch the run command prompt by pressing the Windows icon key +R. Then type ncpa.cpl in the box and hit the Enter tab.
Step 2: Click on the Network Connections. Right-click on the currently running network adapter and select Properties option.
Step 3: In the Networking tab, scroll down to locate Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol. And then click on the Install option.
Step 4: In the next window highlight the Protocol button and then Add it by clicking on the Add option present below.
Step 5: Now highlight- Reliable Multicast Protocol and press Ok.
That’s it. Apply the final changes by pressing the Ok option and restart your system. Try launching the browser to check if the issue persists.
I hope that with the help of these 3 methods you can now fix the popular issue i.e “google chrome not working on windows 10” by yourself.
If you didn’t understand the above provided 3 Steps procedure, then this youtube video may be helpful for you. This video has got more than 200K views on Youtube and it shows you a very short trick that may work, watch this if you need it.
If you have any query, feel free to share with me in the comments section. Also, if you have successfully fixed the issue then leave a positive review and let other readers know the credibility of this post 🙂
Here, you can check out more useful guides and resources:
- How to take Backup + Reset your Cox Password
- What is Vulkan Run time Libraries and Do we need it?
- Best Microsoft Active Directory Alternatives
- How to Repair Windows 10 Registry
- 21+ Awesome Windows 10 Tips and Tricks
Here are a few more…
- How to Fix Google Chrome not Working
- How to Enable Remote Assistance on Windows 10
- How to Send Remote Assistance Invitation
- How to Install Linux on Windows 10
- How to Enable and Install Hyper-V on Windows 10
- How to Install Windows 10 in Vmware workstation